Collection of Your Personal Information
Chromis may gather and use information about you, including (but not limited to) information in the following categories:
- Identification data (e.g. name, username, address, telephone number, mobile number, email address);
- Profile information (e.g. age, gender, country of residence, language preference and any information that you choose to make as part of your Chromis user profile);
- Electronic identification data (e.g. IP addresses, cookies);
- Banking and payment information (e.g. credit card information, account number);
- Information about your usage of and interaction with Chromis software, products, and websites (including computer, platform, device and connection information, client performance information, error reports, device capability, bandwidth, statistics on page views, and traffic to and from our websites, and browser type);
- Products or services ordered and delivered;
- Correspondence between you and Chromis; and
- Mobile device information (Location information, device identifiers such as manufacturer's name, device model number, operating system, and carrier network).
Use of Your Personal Information
Our primary purpose in collecting information is to provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient, and customized experience. Chromis collects and uses, or has third party service providers acting on Chromis's behalf collecting and using, personal data relating to you, as permitted or necessary to:
- take, process or deliver orders made via our websites, invoice you or notify you of the status of your order;
- provide other services for you (as described when we collect the information);
- provide you with customer support and troubleshoot problems;
- compare information for accuracy;
- inform you about service updates and faults;
- request feedback or participation in on-line surveys;
- resolve disputes;
- verify your identity;
- customize, measure, and improve Chromis websites, as well as other Chromis products and services;
- organize and carry out Chromis's marketing or promotional operations/offers, contests, games and similar events; and
- protect your and Chromis's interests, including in particular to enforce our Terms of Service and prevent and fight against fraud.
Sharing of Your Personal Information
Except as provided below, Chromis will not sell, rent, trade or otherwise transfer any personal and/or traffic data or communications content outside of Chromis and its controlled subsidiaries and affiliates without your explicit permission, unless it is obliged to do so under applicable laws or by order of the competent authorities.
- With your consent. We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Chromis when we have your consent to do so.
- For legal reasons. Chromis may disclose personal information to respond to legal requirements, exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims, to protect Chromis's interests, fight against fraud and to enforce our policies or to protect anyone's rights, property, or safety. Chromis, Chromis's local partners, or the operator or company facilitating your communication may provide personal data, communications content and/or traffic data to an appropriate judicial, law enforcement or government authority lawfully requesting such information. Chromis will provide reasonable assistance and information to fulfill this request and you hereby consent to such disclosure.
- For external processing. In order to provide you with Chromis products you have requested, Chromis may sometimes, if necessary, share your personal and traffic data with Chromis's group companies, carriers, partner service providers and/or agents. For example PSTN-VOIP gateway providers, WiFi access services providers, distributors of Chromis software and/or Chromis products, and/or the third party banking organizations or other providers of payment, email delivery, analytical services, customer support, or hosting services. Chromis will always require these third parties to take appropriate organizational and technical measures to protect your personal data and traffic data and to observe the relevant legislation.
As Chromis continues to develop its business, Chromis might sell or buy subsidiaries or business units. In any such transactions in which Chromis or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, personal information of Chromis users will generally be one of the transferred business assets. We reserve the right to include your personal information in any such transfer to a third party.
A ‘cookie' is a packet of information that allows the server (the computer that houses the web site) to identify and interact more effectively with your computer. When you use one of our web sites, we send you a cookie that gives you a unique identification number. A different identification number is sent each time you use one of our web sites. Cookies do not identify individual users, although they do identify a user's browser type and your internet service provider.
To evaluate the effectiveness of our website advertising, we may use third parties to collect statistical data. No personal data is collected on these occasions.
Chromis uses Google Analytics features that use Display Advertising information for Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting.
You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising, to prevent your data from being used by Google Analytics, by visiting the Google Analytics opt-out page.
Information You Share
Many of our services let you share information with others. Remember that when you share information publicly, it may be indexable by search engines.
Linked Websites and Third Party Applications
If you use any extras, plug-ins or third party applications together with the Chromis software or use any third party applications or products that incorporate or embed the Chromis software (“Applications”), the provider of such Applications may obtain access to certain personal information about you. Chromis does not and cannot control how the provider of Applications may use any personal information connected in connection with such Applications. Please ensure that you review any privacy policies or other terms applicable to the use of such Application before installation.
Security of Your Personal Information
Chromis will take appropriate organizational and technical measures to protect the personal data and traffic data provided to it or collected by it with due observance of the applicable obligations and exceptions under the relevant legislation. Your personal and traffic data can only be accessed by authorized employees of Chromis or its affiliates, subsidiaries or service providers who need to have access to this data in order to be able to fulfill their given duties.
Chromis may from time to time ask you to provide information on your experiences which will be used to measure and improve quality. You are at no time under any obligation to provide any of such data. Any and all information which is voluntarily submitted in feedback forms on the website or any survey that you take part in is used for the purposes of reviewing this feedback and improving the Chromis software, products and websites.
Chromis may contact you to send you messages about faults and service issues. Further, Chromis reserves the right to use email, or the Chromis software to notify you of any eventual claims related to your use of Chromis software, the Chromis websites and/or Chromis products, including without limitation claims of violation of third party rights.
Chromis may also use email or the Chromis software to keep you up to date with news about the Chromis software and Chromis products that you have purchased and/or to inform you about other Chromis products or other Chromis related information. You can opt-out of the receipt of alerts and/or promotional emails by clicking the ‘unsubscribe' link on the email that you receive.
Access and Correction of Your Personal Data
You have the right to access and, where relevant, to amend your personal information. Some of your information may be viewed or edited online by signing into your account page on http://localhost:3000. We will respond to requests to view, correct, complete or remove your personal information within a reasonable period of time and upon verification of your identity.
Chromis will use all reasonable endeavors to accommodate requests to delete personal information unless it is required to be retained by law or for lawful business purposes.
Chromis may reject requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort (for example, developing a new system or fundamentally changing an existing practice), risk the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backups).
Retention of Your Personal Data
Customer Proprietary Network Information (CPNI)
As a telecommunications service provider, Chromis has access to a unique and highly-regulated form of personal information - Customer Proprietary Network Information, or "CPNI"). CPNI is simply the information generated in connection with the telecommunications services we provide to our customers. It includes call logs/details and certain information about customer rate plans and features. CPNI does not include customers’ names, addresses, or phone numbers. This information however, is also protected with care under our general privacy and security practices.
For legal reasons. We can disclose your CPNI for legal or regulatory reasons, including in response to subpoenas and court orders. CPNI can also be used to investigate fraud and to prevent violation of our terms of service and unlawful use of our network and services.
With your consent. If you contact us by phone, email, or live chat regarding your account or service, we will authenticate you before we access your account. This serves as your consent. This policy ensures that we do not release customer proprietary network information, such as account credentials, configuration, and call logs, to unauthorized parties.
Children's Personal Information
Chromis's websites and software clients are not intended for or designed to attract users under the age of 13. We encourage parents to be involved in the online activities of their children to ensure that no information is collected from a child without parental permission.
If you have any questions or would like further information about our privacy and information handling practices, please contact us by email.